Deck Restoration & Repair Services in the Hartford Area
Take Care of Your Deck
You may find that your deck is suffering from a number of problems: loose boards, water damage or mildew, to name a few. No matter the problem, you can count on Harmony Home Improvement to completely restore your deck. After our experts get done, you will be able to enjoy your outdoor space once again!
Our technicians will inspect your deck and make the necessary repairs, along with staining and sealing the unit. If your deck is beyond repair, Harmony Home Improvement can take care of new deck installation. There’s no need to call multiple contractors.
Our Comprehensive Deck Restoration Process
1. Check for loosened nails and other fasteners, and reinstall or replace them with galvanized or stainless steel deck screws that are made to withstand the elements.
2. Reinforce loose deck and stair railings, sand splintered areas, and plane raised board edges smooth. We’ll also replace rotted or cupped deck boards.
3. Check that the deck, especially a high one, has not pulled away from the house. The point of connection, the ledger board, should be securely fastened to the house framing.
4. Clean debris accumulations from between deck boards. Doing so will promote better drainage, stop rot and reduce mildew.
5. Clean decking with a biodegradable detergent and a pressure washer. We will set the pressure low enough to avoid any splintering of the decking surface.
6. Refinish wood decking with semi-transparent or solid stains, or with deck or porch paint. Note: This doesn’t need to be done every year. Every two or three years is fine.
7. Prune or remove excess vegetation that’s growing around the deck to promote better air circulation and prevent the growth of mold and mildew.
Get a Free Estimate!
If your deck has popped nails, damaged boards or fading and discoloration, you’ve come to the right place. Most of the time, even the most unfortunate-looking deck can be restored. Let Harmony Home Improvement take care of your deck. Give us a call at (860) 645-8899 or contact us online.